Integrative Life Center is a leading rehab for anxiety treatment in Tennessee with high-end accommodations, modern amenities, and evidence-based therapies. We use a combination of psychotherapies and holistic programs to address addiction disorders and co-occurring mental problems.
Lifestyle and home remedies to manage anxiety
To deal with anxiety, meet with a professional or seek therapy from a licensed therapist. Nevertheless, you may try a few lifestyle changes alongside psychotherapy and medications to garner the best treatment outcome. In this sense, you can:
- Keep yourself busy and physically active – Try to develop a physical exercise routine to keep yourself active on most days of the week. Physical activity reduces stress, boosts your mood, and strenghtens your body in the process.
- Stay away from alcohol and recreational drugs – Consuming alcohol or doing drugs to escape anxiety symptoms can worsen your mental health issue and lead to addiction. If you can’t quit alcohol or drugs on your own, seek help from a professional soon.
- Try to cut back on caffeinated beverages and quit smoking – Nicotine and caffeine are two things that can worsen anxiety.
Learn and practice multiple stress management and relaxation techniques, visualization techniques, meditation, and yoga to ease anxiety symptoms. Our experts in anxiety treatment in Tennessee rely on these and many other recovery modalities to provide you with relief from anxiety with long-lasting benefits
When to see a doctor for anxiety?
You should contact a specialist if you feel like you’re worrying too much and it’s affecting your performance at work, in relationships, or other areas of your life. If you feel depressed, have trouble controlling or cutting back alcohol or drug use, or suffer from other mental health concerns alongside anxiety, you must also see a specialist immediately.
Can I prevent developing anxiety disorder?
There is no way to predict an anxiety disorder but taking precautionary steps can reduce the impact of your symptoms. Some of these steps include:
- Get help early – Mental health is a critical part of your overall wellbeing. If you feel anxious more frequently or experience intense worry or fear often, seek help from a psychiatrist or mental health professional asap. Addressing anxiety in the early stages can help you overcome the condition and reduce your risk for substance or drug abuse, suicidal tendencies, and other behavioral and mental health issues.
- Stay active – Try to stay close to family and loved ones and participate in activities you enjoy. Keep yourself relaxed and stress-free by participating in social interactions and engaging in yoga, physical exercise, meditation, etc.
- Avoid self-medicating – Refrain from using alcohol to escape your worries or fear. Alcohol or drug use can only worsen anxiety and further affect your quality of life.
Call Integrative Life Center at 615-891-2226 to learn more about our anxiety treatment in Tennessee. Our highly skilled psychiatrists and mental health experts offer counseling in private and group settings and help our patients attain improved mental wellness and emotional stability. Contact us now to verify insurance.